Verdicts and Settlements
The results appearing in this section were selected to provide a small sampling of the cases that Alan Sackrin has successfully settled or won at trial over his 30+ year career as a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer.
- $1.8 Million recovery against Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. for the wrongful death of a father resulting from the violent separation of a multi-piece truck rim.
- $1.5 Million medical malpractice settlement for failing to diagnose genetic defect in fetus.
- $1.0 Million for husband and wife injured in motorcycle accident against an insurer that had denied insurance coverage to the at fault driver.
- $925,000.00 settlement for pedestrian struck who was under the influence of cocaine.
- $800,000.00 recovery for work injured when leg became caught between unguarded rotating drums in construction equipment.
- $700,000.00 medical malpractice settlement for botched laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gall-bladder removal).
- $650,000.00 recovery for man injured at construction site when large hose struck worker after cement in hose dried and was pushed through hose while hose was being cleaned with water pressure. After dried cement came out of hose, hose quickly moved and struck worker.
- $500,000.00 recovery for woman injured in intersection of motor vehicle accident.
- $400,000.00 recovery for injuries sustained in low impact automobile collision which resulted in an aggravation of a pre-existing congenital head condition.
- $350,000.00 uninsured motorist jury award where injured Plaintiff claimed he was run-off the road by an unidentifiable vehicle which cut Plaintiff off but did not make contact with Plaintiff’s vehicle, causing Plaintiff to make evasive maneuvers, resulting in collision.
- $375,000.00 recovery for automobile collision with disputed liability where the claimed injury was an aggravation of a pre-existing back condition.
- $350,000.00 uninsured motorist jury verdict where injured Plaintiff claimed he was run-off the road by an unidentifiable vehicle which cut Plaintiff off but did not make contact with Plaintiff’s vehicle.
- $175,000.00 recovery for back injury sustained from slip and fall on water at Wendy’s where source of water was never determined.
- $175,000.00 recovery for woman mauled by dogs while she was volunteering at Greyhound adoption center.
- $171,000.00 jury verdict against Wal-Mart when employee allegedly dropped boxed on Plaintiff, although Wal-Mart denied incident ever happened.
- Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results
Read our Articles About Injury Compensation (From Our Injury and Accident Blog)
More Sample Settlements By Popular Stores:
Settlement Amount: $59,999.00 – A. H. v. WalMart Stores, Inc. and Rubbermaid, Inc. – was wheeling a garbage can to purchase & some of the wheels fell off and she fell.
Settlement Amount: $50,000.00 – M. M. v. WALMART STORES AND WINN-DIXIE STORES – slipped on floor while putting meat in her cart & was told later that she slipped on a banana peel. Injured back & R knee.
Settlement Amount: $60,000.00 – E.S. v Walmart Stores, Inc.
Settlement Amount: $62,000.00 – E. G. v. WALGREEN CO. – slipped & fell on a liquid substance on floor upon leaving store, injured back & L knee. Plaintiff claims Defendant failed to maintain premises and failed to warn of wet condition of floor.
Settlement Amount: $125,000.00 – D. L. v. HOME DEPOT USA, INC. – employee asked him to assist with getting a shed from upper shelf, tore L bicep, sprained R shoulder & R wrist. He claimed employee was negligent for asking him to assist, not using a forklift, and failing to obtain the assistance of other employees.
Settlement Amount: $30,000.00 – J. S. v. HOME DEPOT USA, INC.
Federated Department Stores (Macys)
Settlement Amount: $30,000.00 – T.B. v. Federated Department Stores, Inc.
Settlement Amount:$22,000.00 – D.F. v. K-Mart Corp.
Below is a sample of some of the slip and fall cases against Publix that Alan Sackrin has resolved by filing a lawsuit or pre-suit settlement.
- Settlement: $28,500.00 – I. J. v PUBLIX SUPER MARKETS, INC. – Plaintiff slipped and fell in produce department – minor injuries
- Settlement: $25,000.00 – E. P. v. Publix Super Markets, Inc. – Plaintiff slipped & fell on water/ice from turkey freezer (day before Thanksgiving), aggravation of preexisting back injury.
- Settlement: $7,500.00 – T.H. v. Publix Super Markets, Inc. – A bottle of soda placed on a top shelf fell and shattered with the broken pieces striking Plaintiff.
- Settlement: $37,500.00 – E.P. v. Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Settlement: $62,500.00 – R.L. v. Publix Super Markets, Inc.
Below is a sample of some of the slip and fall cases against Winn Dixie that Alan Sackrin has resolved by filing a lawsuit.
- Settlement: $12,500.00 – M.D. v. Winn-Dixie Logistics, Inc.
- Settlement: $40,000.00 – G. E.-D. v. WINN-DIXIE STORES, INC., et. al. – Slipped & fell on water on floor, injured neck & back
- Settlement: $25,000.00 – M. M. v. WINN-DIXIE STORES, INC.- Slipped & fell on clear liquid on floor while pushing cart, injured lower back, R knee, neck, L shoulder (some injuries may have been preexisting). Plaintiff alleged Winn-Dixie’s failure to keep premises reasonably free from items/substances on floor, failure to warn of dangerous conditions, and negligently maintained equipment.
- Settlement: $20,000.00 – D. B. v. Winn-Dixie Stores #203 – slip and fall in the produce department on a grape
- Settlement: $10,500.00 – D.S. – Winn-Dixie Stores
Appellate Decisions of Importance
- Craig v. School Board of Broward County, 679 So. 2d 1219, 1222 (Fla. 4th DCA 1996) – Established law that motorists have duty to decrease speed when children are known or should be known to be on a bicycle on or near the street or sidewalk. Jury verdict for The School Board reversed and case settled for maximum amount allowed against The School Board allowed by Florida law.
- Rivera v. Baby Trend, Inc., 914 So.2d 1102 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005) – California distributor of product manufactured in China is strictly liable for defects in product (baby stroller) even though the product was never in the possession of the distributor, but was shipped directly to retailer.
Get A Free Case Evaluation – Call (954) 522-0207
Contact us to find out how we can help you. You can contact us by phone at 954-522-0207 or by e-mail through this web site to schedule an appointment and learn more about your rights. We offer a free initial consultation.
Do You Have a Question?
Fill out the “Talk With An Attorney” form above to ask a question or call us at 954-522-0207. We promise to get back to you promptly. Ask now.